Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So, this will become slightly meaningful as soon as I finish the segment for the story I'm writing

But in the meantime, take a quick peek at this

Yes, its stuff I drew. Anyways, that's just some quick sketches on what the enemy aliens look like in the 'scape game our protag is playing in.

Quick run down on them -
From a largely aquatic world close to their sun, they evolved from marine life. They however are largely cold blooded, remaining close to the surface or on the surface of the water on their home planet. They began to move onto land and developed the leg stalks that they have. Originally just legs, without the four arms, they crawled about, returning to the water often. Later developed the four split arms, at which point they began to be amphibious, but staying mostly on land. Their "hair" is actually a sort of natural antenna, allowing instant telepathic communication between them. This is a genetic trait from back when they lived underwater, and used that to communicate and form packs.

Highly social lives,  androdioecist (I don't know the correct spelling, just click the link... Much like this fish...), highly aggressive and protective of their habitations. When their planet's unstable trajectory brought them further from their sun, they developed means to colonize other worlds, those usually with higher water levels and hydrogen air, close enough to a heat source for them to live comfortably without artificial sources.

Then, they ran into humans while colonizing a planet. Being aggressive over the planet they thought was theirs, humans responding in kind, a small war broke out.

Weapons are laser based, the charge packs are all interchangeable, fitting into the different weapons, and then sliding into wall chargers to allow recharging.

And that's where this game takes place, and whats going on.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how else to send you a message on here. I'm so used to Tumblr now. Also, I haven't been following up on your posts lately :( I didn't know that you were still posting, and I got really involved with Tumblr lol. Anyway, I started a new blog, and I'm wondering if you can lend your opinion on it or something. I mean you don't have to even read it, just check out the theme and the colours of it and stuff. I know you didn't really love my last one, and I'm not sure if my new one is similar or not (it's hard to tell) but yeah. Just let me know. Oh, and if you don't feel like texing me, you can 'ask' as anonymous on my blog to comment on it and whatnot. It won't automatically get posted so you don't hafta worry, though only like, one person sees my blog, and it's my ex gf who you don't actually know. Anyway, that's all. Sorry this is so long. :P
    http://longesttwelvedays.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete