Friday, August 5, 2011

So, before any of you go -

"HEY! Why's it been so long?!", let me explain.

Uhm...

Well...

Ok, so, long story short? Been busy. Ultra. Sorta. Not really. Ok, so maybe. Just a little?

Work has been... interesting to say the least. Uber happy that its sunny out though! That means that I get a somewhat-sorta-farmer/immigrant-worker tan. When I have work. Which is intermittent, fluctuating between loads of it, to none.

"But Keegan, if you have no work, why haven't you been writing for us???"

Well, its because I'm getting ready to move!

"...." -sounds of crickets chirping- "... Move? Seriously? Again???"

Uh, yeah. Again. Soooo... yeah. Cleaning up, and tons of yard work. Now, the fun part is this - When my sibs moved out to pops place, they left behind their junk here. Un organized. Messy. Junk. And so, my closet, which is the largest in the house, is (Well, Was. I went on a goodwill binge... As in getting rid of it) about mid-thigh-high. And almost none of it was mine. I won't say none, because some of my shirts had fallen off of hangers, and my trumpet and trombone were laying there, but for the majority, I've spent about two days digging through it cleaning it out.

I also went to a birthday party, turned nineteen myself, bought myself a 360 for my birthday, and have devoted some time to playing games (After pressure washing the driveway, mowing half the yard and breaking a belt on the mower, pressure washing the fence - sorta - and cleaning the kitchen... Or after leaving home at 8 for work and coming home at 8...) So, that's all been intense. And highly time consuming.

Speaking of games however, I wanna talk about this one in particular... Alan Wake. Have any of you heard of it? If not, you need to check it out. If you're into sorta freaky horror/psychological thriller/action games. It was very heavily reminiscent of Stephen King novels, but playing it, it sorta felt like resident evil four mixed with silent hill... A little more stylized than either one (In my opinion) but insanely all the better for it. Oh, and when I say reminiscent of Stephen King, I mean, its to where there's a scene where a guy uses an axe and punches it through the door that the main protag, Alan, is hiding behind. I'm going to include a picture of what I mean...
I'm sorry, but I really hate that actress. Not going to lie. I could seriously waltz right into that mouth, rearrange the furniture in there, and waltz right back out. Plus, she isn't that great looking. But regardless.... See what I mean? I think Alan Wake looks a bit more... cool? ... In his, but I may be biased. I love the book the Shining, don't get me wrong, but I just finished the game, and boy... It's like a Stephen King novel, as a game, that you play through, as opposed to a movie, trying to do a book justice. It's a hugely different experience, and much more rewarding. Although I must say, Jack Nicholson is pretty cool. In fact... here's a picture of me, compared to him when he played the role of the Joker. My friend Haley did this a while back for me...
So while I don't look exactly like him, by any stretch of the imagination, I still have a slightly Jack Nicholson-reminiscent smile. And yes, Reminiscent is so my word for the day.

Anyways, its been a while since I've played a game that really left me feeling like I had just finished a journey, like a good book, or something adventurous, and thats what I felt having finished this game. I sincerely hope there's another one like it coming out soon. I had heard of the possibility of add-on packs for it, more story lines and whatnot, but it seems to have fizzled out (last I checked at least. Which was a while ago..)

So, 'tis late, and I have work in the morning. So, goodnight, and I hope to write you all again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Keegs, your smile is even bigger than his. Cause half of his is paint haha. Love you seeester :)

    ReplyDelete