Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Well, it is now Tuesday.

Just in case you didn't know what day it was. Actually, oddly enough its been Tuesday for a bit now. About 23 hours in fact. So it'll be Wednesday in just an hour or two. So thank heavens I'm getting this done now, right?

So, notice to the world: Go read my friends blog here - Awesomely strange blog posting (Yeah, thats my name on the link for it. Go follow it anyways and read through it. It's pretty cool actually, even if I would never attempt what she describes in it myself)

If you're not going to be awesome and go follow the link and read through it, then I'll give you the low down. People are implanting magnets into their fingertips (or just one finger) and because of it, they can literally "feel" the magnetic fields. Pretty nifty. It's a literal sixth sense, one that can tell you if the microwave is running or not. Because, you know, the light being on and the buzzing noise isn't enough to tell you that... Regardless though of how useful (or not useful as the case is) I think it is, it just goes to show the lengths people go to explore the natural world around them, and for that I applaud them. No really, I think its cool that people do that. I just don't see a truly practical side to it. Perhaps it could be used for specialized jobs, but not any that I know of, and it seems to be a dangerous thing to do almost, because if you come into contact or come close to a strong magnetic field, those are little magnets in your fingertips that are going to want to just take off, and could possibly become very painful. Buuut... Going along with the whole implant idea, I'm just going to quickly copy and paste what I put as a comment on her post.

I'm thinking if I got an implant, I would want something more then just feeling magnetic vibrations. Juuuust sayin'. Hook me up with internal bluetooth and a figure out a way to bleed the body's electrical power to supply juice to whatever interchangeable part I have on at the time. It could be done... It just would be risky until it perfected. Either create a tool to be implanted that could siphon the body's electricity, or figure out a biochemical fuel cell that could work within your body. Possibly bacteria in your stomach that generate energy as the travel from one side to the other, between the negative and positive poles implanted on either side... And then a field generator (why the magnetic sense wouldn't work so well with this idea) to provide the output so the attachments could work. Or provide direct line feed to slots on the body from the power source. That way you could keep your magnetic senses... Hm. I would have a feed out to the side of my hip so I could charge my phone wherever I go, as long as the bacteria in my stomach is alive. The problem would be;

A, finding a bacteria that could survive the conditions in the stomach
B, finding a bacteria that falls under A but also will not deprive the body of a reasonable amount of nutrition
C, flexibility in the poles implanted on either side of the stomach
D, if not a field generator (Go look up a PowerMat thingy on google. They work through magnetic resonance, which is where your vibration comes from) then how to correctly wire slots as to not have problems arise from wires inside the body restricting movement and harming internal organs
E, implementation of the slots, with how to create the "socket" on the surface

But other than that, it should be a pretty simple thing to get that all set up inside someone. Just saying. And then they're their own mini power plant. Which is incredibly cool.
So, there it is. My idea for creating a functioning biofuel cell with your body as the housing. I'm going to have more written to fill up the blog posting, but just keep it in mind... if you could have an attachment made to your body, something that would require electricity, or just allow you to do something crazy, what would it be? Anyways, more on that later.

I must admit... I'm feeling kinda bummed Kelsey isn't bugging me about my blog. Perhaps I can get a different friend to bug me about it? I'll let you guys know if the position of Keegan-motivator is open or not, and how to best contact me to get me to actually work on this. But I'm hoping Kelsey decides to bug me more.

I've decided to share with you all the tragic story of how I came to hate bananas. Well, not tragic really, except for the fact I don't like them anymore. This story, like any good story however doesn't start with any recent activity, or decision of mine. No, this story starts much longer ago. With me as a baby. At least, I'm going to call myself a baby. I was three I think... But regardless, the first event to this story involves me sitting on the floor as my mum brought the groceries in and started putting them on the counter. Apparently, one bag had a bunch of bananas in it (A group? I don't know what you call it when its the banana's that are all attached) and in the time that it took for my mum to go out to the car and return, I decided that I needed to conquer those bananas. As such, I spider monkey crawled up the counter as best as I could (Its hard being a three year old and trying to climb the kitchen cupboards. Those darn pajamas that are one pieces don't allow for much grip) and managed to finally grab the bag with the bunch of bananas in it. Loosening my death grip upon the counter, I pulled the bag down with me. There I stood in my pajamas, heroically posed, toting a banana filled bag as I surveyed the scene. I was alone in the kitchen, with bananas. That was my mums first mistake. The second was not hiding them well enough, as I obviously got to them. Having retrieved the bananas, I then sat on the floor, and pulled the first banana out, and barely pausing to peel it, I began stuffing it into my mouth. It disappeared within a few seconds. I believe that as a child, my parents could have merely placed me face down on the floor, instead of the vacuum cleaner, and I would of done a better job, and much faster too. Because by the time my mum returned from grabbing the next bag of groceries from the car, I had managed to eat not just one or two of my recently annexed trophies, but most of the whole bunch, which in my experience with buying groceries means that I had sucked down three or four bananas in the space of just a few minutes, if that.
Point is, I used to love bananas. Obviously. I mean, what kid would eat something like that if he didn't?
But then, around when I was ten (or around then as best as I can remember) the sudden change happened. I couldn't eat them anymore. I would get sick, and almost puke when faced with one. They became my worst enemy. And the only big change that I can think of that happened was that we moved from where we had been living in Orting, to Purdy. Now, that wouldn't be such a big thing, except that the house we moved into had spiders. And not just small spiders, because I don't mind spiders usually, but these were Hobo spiders. Now, those are some nasty buggers. I'm not going to include a picture here of what they look like and what the venom from a bite can do to you, but here is a link about it - Hobo spider bites. It's pretty gnarly. In my family of seven, only two of us escaped without being bit by them and experiencing the horrible things that happen because of it. But, I remembered there being a book talking about how spiders would hang out in crates of banana's, and thats how they would get transported from one area to another, and I think it scared me to where I couldn't eat bananas, and then it progressed from there. But honestly, I wouldn't blame myself. Because on top of the Hobo spider, we had its close relative, the Giant house spider, which holds (sort of) the world record for being the fastest spider. And these things are huge. And when you're 10-11, and have one chase you around a room, it can be a slightly traumatic experience.
But even though I think I know where my hate of bananas came from, it doesn't change anything. I had to eat a banana a while back as part of a relay race, and it was bad enough where I had to run to the kitchen and quickly drink several cups of water to get it down, thats how close I was to vomiting. Darn associating. Our minds can be so powerful in creating connections and habits, but then again it can also associate a horrific, terrifying, disgusting arachnid with a beloved snack, and suddenly you can't eat the food anymore.

Anyways, guys, whats some foods that you can't stand? And are there any "Implants/attachments" That you would want to have? I'm sorry Evergreen, I can't think of how we could get a cannabis habitat attached to your body so its there for you all the time, but that is a good idea.

And night!

No comments:

Post a Comment