Monday, July 18, 2011

So this is because I cannot sleep, and the last post (earlier this evening) was just a story segment

And now that you all know whats down because of the rather long and ostentatious title (oh yes, I'm back, long words and everything) I'm going to just sit here and blather way about nothing at all in general in some hope of trying to convince you, the reader, and myself, the writer, that this blog happens to be a healthy thriving little thing instead of the truth. Which in all regards is a quite unhealthy relationship.

I mean, think about it. I write to it three times a week for a while. Then suddenly, with almost no warning, I just get the heck out of dodge, leaving the poor blog alone, and defenseless with our posts. Then, suddenly, I just jump right back in, appearing out of nowhere, and we have some more posts. And then, just as suddenly, I disappear again, leaving the blog once again, alone, defenseless, and with even more posts this time. Does this sound familiar to anyone?? This ends in nothing but tears. Tears and the blog taking the posts with her (yes, shocker, the blog is a she. So are boats!) and leaving me along, blog and postless. Sad, horrible fate. So perhaps I should turn over a new leaf and start posting more often?

I'll leave that for later thought. Possibly you guys might say "But hey! We liked the internet without you just fine! Please disappear back to those scout camps and summer training seminars you call home! We don't want you posting crap that no one will ever read! Just go away while you think you're ahead!"

But then again, there might be some that say "Hey, we enjoy your insights into all this meandering meaningless junk you post. Keep it up! And by keep it up, we mean we enjoy your current pace (IE once a week). Toodles!"

Or you could all say this"..." Where those dots are the sounds of dust settling as I wait to see what everyone has to think about everything, or about my in particular. Not exactly the most comforting sound. If it happens though I would just take it as that all of you love me so much you've lost the ability to speak because you're all just sorta wondering what you could possibly say in return to my amazing literary talent. (Or type. Because thats generally what one does with a computer, not speak. Unless you have a nifty computer that does voice commands. But that could get annoying I suppose.) So if it is that last one, please let me just sit here in my predisposed misguided self delusion that I'm actually quite amazing and that people care about what I write.

Anyways, I wonder if you guys want a quick rundown on what I've been up to. Well, regardless of if you want it or not, here it comes!

So I believe it was wednesday, and my friend Adam came over because I didn't have work (Working on painting a house exterior in the rain doesn't work very well. Just sayin') and we partied it up. Called our friends Christy and Torri and headed out. It actually stopped raining and cleared up completely by about noon, and so we all went to a park. Adam and I are... close... I don't know. Its strange. We enjoy acting silly. So much that we get strange looks from those that know us rather (or at decently) well. And by strange, I mean, its sorta like they have no idea what the heck we're doing or why, only that it doesn't make sense to them. And thats how that goes. Then we went and got pizza, and chilled out at my house, playing Just Dance and Just Dance 2. Where I proceeded to kick butt at both. The only time I almost lost was one game, but I got a gold move towards the end that propelled me back into the lead, winning me the round. Like honestly. I haven't lost to anyone at that game in such a long time. Its almost pathetic, but I'm sticking to it. Lost nine pounds in one week, and the only difference was me playing that game a lot more. I like it. Not to say I'm fat and I could use to lose weight, but its not like I'm a stick. I'm happy I suppose. Wish I had a bit more tone, 'specially round the abs. But that'll come sooner or later. I'm just happy to be able to do what needs to get done when it comes to muscleish areas. I used to bike everywhere, and swim a ton. Worked as a lifeguard at a scout camp since forever, so legs are actually my strongest asset (Little jib there, notice the pun? Drop the latin "and") (And yes, I did take Latin. I'm not your average uncultured swine, thank you very much. I fall into a particular category. What exactly that is I'm not sure, but as soon as I find out I'll let you all know what it is. Something humble and self-deprecatory for sure. And good looking. And smart. Hmm. I can't think of anything. And theres too many attributes too list here, so I'll let you all come up with something for me, sound good enough?) Anyways, back when I was into weight lifting in college (Ok, Community College. I know, the shame, the shame. It's ok. At least it wasn't Evergreen. That place is the pits...) I got pretty good at the free weight leg press. Like, when I say pretty good, I mean that I didn't have a starting weight for it at the beginning of the quarter. They had me do 250 lbs for 12 reps for my first set. And I cranked em out like they were nothing. So they decided to double it for my second set. 500, at 12 reps. Again, like they were nothing. So the put another 100 on, just to make sure they weren't going to over do how much they put on. I cranked out 600 at 12 reps rather easily as well. So then they decided to throw another 100 on. So I did 700 at 12 reps without having much difficulty. At which the coach said that I was through, and that although they hadn't found my starting point, I was obviously doing fine with my legs (For a starting point, they like to find the point at which you can no longer do a full 12 reps at the weight). In fact, there was only one guy in the whole class that could beat me at the leg press, a retired marine. And even then, it was by less than a hundred pounds. So I'm pretty proud of that fact. I'm also good with sit ups. A couple of us would do Russian sit ups on a lat machine with a 25 pound weight (Highest ball weight they had that we could use) and we would just take turns pumping those out. I miss working out with friends...

Anyways, moving on. Thursday! I went back to Camp Hahobas for the day with my friend Dani. Dani is an old friend I haven't seen in like three years. We worked together for one summer at camp, but she hadn't come back to work at camp since. Stayed friends on and off through out the years, helping out each other when feeling down and such, just being good friends. Anyways, I remembered that I enjoyed hanging out with her at camp, but I had forgotten just how fun she is. We basically rocked out to music all the way to camp (Well, as much as we could. Her radio was having problems.) Not much dancing could be done, it wasn't exactly the best music for it, but it was most definitely fun. Everything from a bit of pop, to country, to east coast. It was all just super fun, especially just walking about and chilling while at camp. Except we had this old creeper man who was convinced we were dating and asking plenty of awkward questions. Which was REALLY awkward because we aren't. And the fact that he's like 60 plus, and doesn't take "No, we're not dating" As literally as it was meant. Meaning he didn't believe it, and continued on in his creeper ways. So that was interesting. We even had a quick sprint past where we knew he was just because we wanted to avoid him that much. Beyond that, after we got home, we had cheeseburgers that I quickly grilled up, and then we sat and of all things read about Dahmer. The Milwaukee Monster? That really freaking messed up dude? Yeah, him. And then we played Just Dance (notice an obsession with that game much?). Which means that she talked me into doing one of the songs while she sat and watched. And then after beating the song (Hot N Cold, Katy Perry) we went back to chilling and just talking. Well, ok, we laughed quite a bit after I finished playing the song. But then we went back to talking about stuff. And then she left to head home, and I headed out to go teach a family friends kid the Swimming merit badge (Yeah, scouting sort of has its claws embedded deep). All in all, it was a really good thursday.

Nothing much happened Friday, other than getting some of my paycheck, meaning now I can get the window shield replaced on the little car! Making it legal to drive! Yay! Meaning instead of 8 miles a gallon, I'll be getting something like 30+! Which makes me incredibly happy.

Saturday I saw Harry Potter... Wow. Not sure what all to say there. Wow. It was insane.

And now I'm getting tired finally, and I've done nothing much of importance today, so, Night!

And for those that TL;DR'd this sucka, eh, Night to you too. Buggers.

Keep it real, avoid those evergreenies, and all that good jazz! See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment