Sunday, May 29, 2011

So, its Sunday... not Friday, I know...

But I have a really good excuse as to why I didn't put up a blog post on Friday! I was on the road to Ellensburg, WA, to go to the Sasquatch! fest! It was really cool. My aunt and I only went in on saturday, but we spent friday travelling. So, out of the lineup for saturday, most of the names I won't bug you with, but there is one in particular I want to mention. There was one show in particular that blew me away beyond all others. DCFC was good, don't get me wrong, but I was expecting them to be good. The one I didn't know about whether it was going to be good or not, and then it ended up being amazing, was Dan Mangan. If you haven't heard his stuff, go to youtube, look it up, listen to it, love it, repeat. No really, it was simply superb. I don't know how in the world I hadn't heard of him before, but it was really, really, really good. As in, good enough that I'm going to share a link with you, to one of my favorite songs by him.

>>Dan Mangan - ROBOTS (YouTube link)<<
 
And thats the awesome link to the amazing song. And another one is the Post-War blues or something like that... If you google it, I'm sure you'll find it. Anyways, moving past the concert... Hahaha Just kidding! I wanna talk about it more! Anyways, I got a track jacket. And I really like it. So I'm uploading a pic of it. With me in it. With other assorted clothes covering my body. Because that would just be awkward for most of you guys if I didn't have any on. So, I'm uploading this on good faith none of you guys will become creepy stalkers who'll try tracking me down.. (Although I don't know why I would need to state that... I'm pretty sure that with one possible exception I know who all my followers are...) So without further ado, here is me in my spiffy new jacket from Sasquatch! fest.

Just so it's all clear... This was taken at like, 12 in the morning when we finally got back to the apartment from the concert. Hence my sorta bland blank expression. But anyways, this is my new jacket. And I love it. A lot.

On other news, remember how last time I posted I had just got home from work, right? Well, Thursday, the very next day, I ended up selling my first Kirby. Which means I'm currently at a 1/2 ratio, one sales for two demos, which is really good. Really really good in fact. They usually expect you to get one out of four, and for beginners, usually one out of like, 7 or 8. So, thats cool. I'm excited. Mooooney in the bannnk! Which means I should be able to pay for prom next weekend! Yay! (Yes folks, that does mean I in fact have at least someone who likes me enough to want to go to prom with me. Although I may have been a last ditch effort... Hmm. Still, going to prom with this really amazingly silly, awesome, and ridiculously cute girl. So if you happen to be a guy and reading this, be jealous. If you're a girl and are reading this, I don't know what to tell you. Be happy and thankful its not you stuck with me and my offbeat humor for several hours on what should be a perfectly amazing saturday evening otherwise? But thats up to you I guess. But guys, did I mention she's cute? You should definitely be jealous)

So, I'm excited for the week obviously. Got work, which I love, I got some sun yesterday, I'm going to be seeing some friends here in a little bit today (Family friends, Kelsey, Josh, hopefully some other GHites...), Prom, payday, ect... It's going to be good. I can feel it (Breaks into song... the one by OneRepublic about a good life or whatnot)

Note... I thought the whole Carbon Credits thing was a joke. Like, I honestly thought that people would look at making it where companies had to buy "carbon credits" for the carbon they produce in an attempt to get them to cut back carbon emissions, and laugh. I know I did. Because if its a big company, they'll just pay more and continue spewing carbon. So in essence, only thing that would really happen is smaller divergent companies researching alternative power sources start not being able to afford the emissions they're causing, putting them under, and then the big companies continue doing as they are, and then the eco-nazi's get more money... So not doing much of anything cept putting money in some bureaucrat's pocket, and harming the smaller companies that have much more incentive to find alternative power sources. But thats my take on it. Anyways, On the flyer for Sasquatch! fest, it said that the carbon credits for the concert were donated/provided/given by/whaatevs by Honda. Up to that point I had honestly thought it was a joke (Read - not real). Not sure the point of the story here, but it sorta was a really weird moment, realizing something I had thought was too incredulous to be true was in fact true. Or maybe I just don't understand the whole system behind it, but still... Not to cool sounding in my book.

And on second note... they shouldn't charge the concert carbon credits, it should be pot credits. Like... Standing out in the front moshy pittish like area before Bright Eyes went on, and just looking around, 4 out of the 9 people directly around me were rolling blunts. Like, it was bad. I actually got sick from the smell of alcohol, sweat, pot, and assorted other nastiness down there that I got a sick stomach. So I went and ate a soft pretzel. It definitely helped my stomach calm down. A bit too salty, but good still. Also something else about the place.. Playstation had a demo area there, and so I got to put away a bit of time on Infamous 2. Now, Infamous was the game that made me want to go get a PS3. Not that I have one, but that game was always the one that I was like "I wanna get a PS3 just for that game, since my PC can't play it!". And now the second one is out. And it is amazing. The whole parkour aspect was a little bit tough getting used to at first.. It's a little too userfriendly, if that makes sense. Meaning, if I jump near a wire, its going to direct me to land on the wire, even if I didn't want to, and instead wanted to fly down and power mash someone from the top of the hotel I was on. Very frustrating until you get the hang of utterly avoiding anything remotely landable/grabbable on your way down from a building in freefall. So it can take a while. Just sayin. Other then that though, very very fun game. Not having played the first one however, it came as a bit of confusion as to why I died whenever I touched water. Until it dawned on me that duh, I'm and electric superhero thingie. Course I can't touch water! It'll just drain me! and so that was also slightly frustrating. Other than those two things though, I really did enjoy it. Didn't come close to AC series for freedom of movement and free running, but it makes up for it with the superpowers, which totally kick but (I mean, who wouldn't want to fire grenades of electricity or zap bolts from their hands?)

And finally, before closing, I would just like to say thanks for all those who have read my stuff! There is one person who read my stuff from Malaysia, two from Germany, and then seventy-nine different viewers from the USA! Thank you all for reading this at least! If you enjoy, you should definitely go up to the bar on the rights side, where it says "Followers" And follow me as well. It would just be the nice thing to do, and I would follow your blog as well! And just one final shout out... I find it pretty funny the stats will go as far to tell you the percentage/amount of people using different types of systems to read this. So, Kelsey, I am sorry, but you are no longer the only person to read this on your Iphone. Someone else is out there reading it the same way. So, my Iphone/Ipod group rose to two people! Yay!

So I'll see you all tomorrow (Monday) When I post according to schedule again! Thanks for reading, and if you laughed, share it with a friend! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment