Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Firstly...

OK! So honestly, I just wanted to have firstly as a title, because, well, it sounds grandiose and fun to say. No really! Try saying Firstly and stay serious. You can't. At least, you can't if you're reading this, which is why I'm assuming you're trying to say Firstly, unless you have some weird form of asperger's syndrome where you just randomly say Firstly every couple minutes. In which case I'm very sorry for you, and those around you. I would imagine that it might be a little strange having that happen (Not saying that would be bad, I'm just saying this may be a possible scenario, and a little unsettling at that...)

Irregardless, I hope you said Firstly. Because I always get a smile on my face when I say it in a situation like this. And who knows, maybe if you smiled, you'll read the rest of this! Because honestly, I'm trying to make this funny. And get some people to actually look at what I'm writing, even though it is severely deadpan and somewhat outlandish to be joking about those with actual problems in my first paragraph. Kinda odd, but thats life. Sorta one of those "Ohmy... only on the internet" things. Get used to it. At least I haven't offed any furry little animals for food yet in this blog... Although it may end up to be the dog that does that instead.

And onto the third paragraph! Which shall in its body contain reference to possibly a TV series and a short quip from hanging out with one of my friends last night.... Possibly. No promises. So, about that movie series... Any of you people watch Fringe? Like, the show by JJ Abrams, the same one that did Lost and the new Star Trek movie? Yeah, that Fringe. Anyways, whilst (Another word I've been dying to use!) at my friend Kelsey Rowe's house last night, we made dinner, ate it, rinsed dishes's, and put away food, and then proceeded to crash on the couch and watch the two most recent episodes, which neither of us had seen. And OH MY GOODNESS. (I'm not an all caps sorta guy, but this deserves it) WHAT THE HECK!!???!! It was insane. This next block may/will contain spoilers, so, I'm indenting it. If you read this, and haven't seen the newest two episodes, just skip the block (If you want to find out on your own that is.) Otherwise, continue reading...
           
          So, Olivia freaking DIED. Yeah. Pissed me off too. She comes back, don't worry, but she DIED. I mean, woah... Unexpected. Totally and entirely. Sorta threw me off real bad. And then she came back, because turns out that was a future in which one of the universes was in fact destroyed, and so the Walter from that universe was going about actively destroying the other universe, and it was just so strange, because all the sudden he pops up and caps Olivia one in the head. I mean, c'mon Walternate! That's your son's wife! But nooo... familial love is definitely not that old grouches strong point. And then, everything goes back to right before universe one destroys universe two, and then Peter disappears. And no one remembers him. So, if you happen to be a Dr. Who watcher (Matt Smith may be the coolest Dr. ever, and Karen Gillan may be the most amazing companion the Dr has ever had. Like, currently watching "The Well" on BBC Switch just for her) its like when the light touches you from a rift. You just... disappear from time and memory. Sttttraaannnge. So, thats the total of my talking about Fringe.

And back to non-spoiler like stuff! Now, about dinner with my friend Kelsey... When I showed up, I was still in my work clothes (Slack, button up, tie, blazer). I also happened to be wearing cowboy boots. (inside joke thinngy... long*ish story. Saving for later) and so it was kinda uncomfortable. So, she raided her brothers room for pants, and I sorta took him home with me. I didn't realize till I got home, but when I finally was getting ready for bed, I pulled them off and was like "Ohhh.... hmm... That's odd. Oh well, new pair of pants for me!" (Not really, because hopefully it will find its way home to Kelsey's older brother's (whose name I forget) room, where it will reside peacefully, at least until the horrible, clothes-forgetting-Keegan visits again. But that may be a while. I have no idea. I would hope its soon, but I would hope I can remember my own clothes next time). We also played Mancala. Now, for anyone who hasn't played that game, you definitely need to go pick up a copy of it and play it. It only takes two people, and its a blast. At least... it is if your opponent isn't a girl that happens to know your ticklish. Or one that decides to throw in a few extra marbles into select pods just to throw your game off and make you think twice as much. (I still won. Even though she says she won... I really did. Like, seriously. Guy's, don't listen to Kelsey about it. I won... (Ok, enough of tending to my hurt ego...) But no... really...) So, regardless of who won, it was a blast. Suuuper fun haha. We also had a giant facebook conversation on Kelsey's wall between Josh, Kelsey, and I. If anyone saw my facebook status about TEAMMATE-MANCE... Yeah, it was from that discussion. It pretty much made my night. Ish. Other then, you know, being at Kelsey's house and hanging out.

All in all, last night? Pretty bombdiggityradtasticallyamazing (And yes, that was all one word. All one breath as well. Try saying it. I daaare you. Its another one of those words you simply can't say while being grouchy or sad or negative or nothing. It just gives you smiles and happy thoughts) And I think I'll be leaving this first blog post at this. I hope (Fingers crossed) to get on here twice or so a week, and just have something quirky or funny or interesting to read. Because I enjoy writing and rambling, in case you didn't get that feel from this. So, be prepared I guess? I know this one isn't too horribly long, but that's probably just because this is my first one. And so I'm not used to sit down and just typing stuff up. Or I'm just sorta tired of typing after helping Kelsey write her paper last night... That was an adventure... haha

So, this is it! Hope you enjoyed, and I'll be back later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment